Thursday, June 9, 2011

Milano

Yo hoes, I am now in Milan and have been for 4 days. I apologize in advance for the lack of pictures in this post but there has been no time to head out with my camera yet.


I had quite possibly the most annoying kids in the universe across from me on my flight, best form of contraception ever. Also on my flight was the lovely Kate Moss's rockstar fiancee, Jamie Hince, from The Kills.
My first impression of Milan from the backseat of my non english speaking drivers car, was that it wasn't about to win any awards for the nicest city in the world. People told me it was an industrial city but I never imagined just how industrial it really is. Since that first car ride I am please to report that I have found some pockets of prettiness in this industrial jungle.


I was taken straight to the agency to meet a couple of bookers and then to my apartment. My roommate was yet to arrive, (I share with only one model (woohoo!) others share with up to six), so left alone for half an hour, the starkness of the apartment, the language barrier and the reality of the change i'd made, dawned on me quite heavily.


An hour after my arrival I was thrown head first into this big bad city. I waited at castings with lines as long as the Nile. I used the metro and quickly lost my ticket. I went to the supermarket and fucked that up too...who knew that I had to weigh the avocados and tomatoes myself rather than the check out chick!? her yelling in Italian and thrusting of the bags didn't help my case.


I'm sure you can all imagine the worst case scenarios running through my head of the possible model roommate from hell. I wont go into detail but if you think extreme, I thought it too. However these thoughts all vanished with the lovely Danish Kat's arrival, and thank fuck her english is nearly as good as mine! (I should note though that 99% of the models do speak some form of english.)


Together we discovered the perils and the treasures of our tiny, plain apartment. Nasty couch- check, big wardrobe- check, no toilet paper- check, beds five centimetres away from each other- check, free wifi- check, no gas- check, cooking soup in the oven because of no gas- check...I don't recommend this ever, it takes a lifetime.


This place will take some settling in. We've both already cried our eyes out, felt homesick and longed for a washing machine, but we've been to some amazing castings that make it all worth it.
I will backtrack my whereabouts until i'm up to date.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment